Monday, February 7, 2011

My Vivid Forever Dream







MY VIVID FOREVER DREAM


In August of 1975 I had a special dream.
It was such a vivid dream that I can remember the details like it was last night.

In my dream I was hanging from a sheer cliff in a basket,
much like the basket of the men of Tibet pictured here:





The cliff was so high that there were clouds below.
You could not see the bottom of the cliff from the basket.





There were many others also hanging in their individual baskets at different levels on the face of the cliff.
Some were above me and many were below.

Each basket was hung by three long braided ropes attached at the rim.
The ropes were attached to a strong iron nail placed deep into the face of the cliff.

The sun was shining in a clear blue sky. There was a soft breeze.

The baskets began to sway gently;
And as the breeze increased they bounced against the sheer rock.

Within minutes the breeze turned into a strong wind.
Soon my basket was hitting the rock violently.

One rope broke leaving only two to hold me in place.
When this happened I looked down as the basket tipped slightly.
All I could see were clouds below as if I was miles above any ground.

Then the second rope snapped.

My basket tipped sideways, then completely upside down
and I began to free-fall at an ever increasing speed.

~~~~

The fear that gripped me was intense.

I was sure to die.

There would be no rescue for me.


~~~~~~~~
BUT THEN
~~~~~~~~


As I was falling at lightening speed 
a huge bird swooped beneath me and caught me on his wings.



I felt the incredible power of his strong wings lift me up against the wind
on to a steady course.
I held on to him with all my might.

He began to speak to me.
As he spoke I could tell that this was the Lord.

His voice was gentle but strong.
Just the sound of his voice gave me peace.

We began to fly around the world. 

The strong wind was replaced by a warm gentle breeze.

He showed me many places and cities around the globe.

He was so proud to show me his wonderful creation.

The beautiful green valleys, 
the massive azure seas, 
the stark desert places, 
his beloved animal kingdom.

All something he loved so dearly.


As the full moon began to rise over a hill, there was a silence and peace like no other.




By the time we got to Bankok and other cities,
it was night and you could see the beautiful sparkling lights below.




The beauty was breathtaking.

~~~~~

We continued through the night visiting many places and seeing
the vastness of this beautiful planet.

~~~~~~

By daybreak we had made full circle back to my home.

It was time for him to leave me in my place on this earth.




~~~~~~


There was nothing but stillness and peace now.

The fear had completely gone.

His strength had become mine.
His peace was now my peace.

~~~~~

All was well now.
No need to question or explain.

It was understood.

All is well.

~~~~~~~~

Within one week of this dream Sunday, August 31, 1975 at 10:30 p.m.
 I accepted Jesus Christ as my Saviour
and started on this journey.

~~~~~


It continues to be breathtaking.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments on my blog without screening. I appreciate all points of view, but would ask that you be considerate of other readers by choosing appropriate language and opinions that do not target groups by race, religion or creed. Thanks you.