Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Open Wide




The Lord has been speaking to me lately about one word:

"OPEN"
~~~~


Psalm 81:10

New Living Translation (NLT)


The first scripture that comes to my mind is:
Psalm 81:10
New Living Translation (NLT)


~~~~~

10 For it was I, the Lord your God,

who rescued you from the land of Egypt.
Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.

~~~~~~

This is such a comforting thought to know that He will fill our mouths with good things if we only open our mouths like little baby birds!  Wow, awesome.  

But there is more...

He began to show me more meanings to this scripture.  

He told me He wants us to have more than just an open mouth.  This is what He said to me:

He wants all His children to have:

  • Open HANDS to uplift and encourage others
  • Open HEARTS to seek His Presence and pray 
  • Open MINDS to the vastness of His Kingdom
  • Open WALLETS to give and share with the needy
  • Open LIVES for all to see...transparent and true
  • Open EYES to see others as He sees them
  • Open MOUTHS not only to receive from our Heavenly Father but to speak a Word to the weary
  • Open EARS to hear Him from Heaven

Are we listening today...are we OPEN to all that He is saying and doing? 

If we are CLOSED in these areas He simply cannot use us...

His hands are bound. 

We MUST open our:
          • Hands
          • Hearts 
          • Minds
          • Wallets
          • Lives
          • Eyes
          • Mouths
          • Ears
Lord help us today to remain open to Your voice, 
to do Your Will, 
and be the Light of the world.

\O/  Amen  \O/
  



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments on my blog without screening. I appreciate all points of view, but would ask that you be considerate of other readers by choosing appropriate language and opinions that do not target groups by race, religion or creed. Thanks you.